This map is used when a location must be established and be represented by a Last clicked location to be exploited when Creating your own harbor. It opens from the Edit Harbor form.
The Google Maps standard marker is used here - in contrast to the anchor, camera and pin icons displayed in the other maps. The standard marker is placed at the:
- Royal Observatory, Greenwich: until this map - or the Cruisemap - has been clicked a very first time
- harbor location: provided location was already determined
- last clicked location or last shown harbor location: when no location was found (e.g. when creating new harbors)
How to use the map
Whenever the map is clicked, the pin marker is moved to that place and its location saved as last clicked location.
The pin marker marker may also be dragged: click and hold the marker, drag it somewhere and release to end the drag. During drag a small cross is displayed indicating a precise location. When released, the marker is placed and its location saved as last clicked location - i.e. a drag end is also considered a click.
The map itself may be dragged or zoomed in/out without moving the pin marker and therefore without changing last clicked location.
Determine a new location or modify / fine tune an existing location by following these steps:
- open the map by pressing Open Clickable map
- drag the pin marker to and/or click at the desired location; the initial pin placement may be far from the location you want to determine, so you may have to pan the map a long way - zoom in/out as needed
- return to the Edit Harbor form (the map can be closed or left open)
- press = Last clicked Location
- the Edit Harbor form is updated and you must press SUBMIT to create a record or save the changes
Sailor Logbook Website manual - © Copyright 2018 CoaSoft ApS Denmark